Friday, February 10, 2012

Vegan Crock-pot Vegetables



Ok Im really excited! I actually came up with this one on my own.
The whole family loved it. The two littlest ones ate mostly rice, but they tried the veggies too.
It is so easy to make.
 I used Trader Joes "pre-cooked" brown rice. So from the time I got home, the whole dinner was on the table in 5 minutes.
The rice takes 3 minutes in the microwave!

Ingredients

 2 Portobella mushrooms
1 zucchini
1 bell pepper
1 red onion
3 tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
7 fresh basil leaves
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
salt
brown rice(this is not to be thrown in the crock-pot)

pepper
(feel free to add more vegetables or different vegetables)


Step 1
cut the first 4 ingredients into strips.
chop the tomatoes.
mince the garlic.
tear up the basil.


Step 2 
I layered everything in the crockpot.
Same thing you would do with a lasagna.
 In between layers I drizzled olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and threw in a pinch of pepper and salt.

Step 3
Set crock-pot on low for 6 hours

Well that's it.
Don't worry about adding too much or too little of anything.
You do not have to be precise.
I threw it over brown rice, and I really loved the sauce in the bottom of the pot, Yummy :)













No comments:

Post a Comment